The known history of the property dates back to 1221 At that time, the owner was Jourdan Savary. The property covers almost two thousand acres and includes various fields, two mills and a Castle – probably earth, whose precise location has normally been recently established in the center of the current court.

Lords of the Isle Savary held “the right to high, middle and low justice”. The high court may, among other things, lead to death sentences. They were recognized as the founding of the parish churches of Clion, Walls, the Tranger and there were only, honorary rights: bench in the choir, right funeral liter inside with cabinets …

You’ll find below the list of major successive owners of the property with a reminder of the next name of kings and other leaders of France at the same time. In fact, the property remained in the hands of the same family from 1281 to 1455, i.e. the acquisition by Jeanne de Mezieres sale by Charles of Anjou, King of Naples, Sicily and Jerusalem Count of Maine and John Boucicault.

Jean Boucicault resells the property in 1464 to William of Varye who built the present castle. The construction requires years and Guillaume Varye dies during construction.

His wife, Charlotte Bar then resumed building with her second husband Peter Doriole. Ownership is again in the same family until 1625, when sold to Roger Buade.

1655, Louis de Buade Frontenac Palluau, Viscount of Isle Savary became viceroy of Quebec. In 1706, the property leaves the family Buade ruined.

It was sold to Jacques Louis de Beringhen and will remain in this new family until 1853, but with a change of “name” important in 1776, as at that date Agathe Mathurine wife Anne de Vasse second wedding Antoine Joseph de Jouffroy.

In 1853 the castle was bought by Theodore Patureau, banker in Paris. He leaves the Patureau family in 1891, purchased mainly by Maurice Masson, a former notary in Paris.

In 1990 the castle was bought by its current owners, Guy and Theresa Gendrot who fell in love with the monument and decided to save him.